14 September 2008

Saber Toothed House Crickets

OK, to understand the title, you have to remember that I lived in Manila and toured all over the Philippines staying in...umm...less than ideal hotel conditions. However, I go to Shanghai one time - staying in a five * hotel and what do I get? Yes, you guessed it...BED BUGS. LOVELY! So, I have had to disinfest everything. My sheets, comforter, clothes, dog's beds, dog toys, backpacks, suitcases, suits, EVERYTHING. I also had to get some anti-bug (flea, tick, scabies, bedbugs, etc) shampoo for the dogs. Thank you very much, that was 50 bucks. Anyway, we'll see if I've managed to kill them all. :)

I've been home for four days and I'm just barely getting around to posting some pictures of my trip. All in all, it was a VERY good time and I wouldn't trade it for the world - even if I did get bed bugs and my legs look like I've got some advanced form of a flesh eating disease. :)

Yummy Chinese Food

Random Shanghai Buildings


Not Sure what a "tunned" is, but suppose they mean "tunnel" :)

The Bullet Train at 401 Kilometers per Hour

Travelling at 431 KM/h (268MpH) *Shanghai Countryside*

Shanghai really was a great experience that I wouldn't trade for the world. My only regret is that I wasn't there long enough and the time that I was there a lot of it was spent in a conference. :( I want to go back when I have more time to leave the city and tour some of the country-side. I was able to make some friends while I was there that would be willing to be my tour guides, so now I'll I need is a bunch of money and flea collars for my bed. :) Any trip back to China will have to wait until I have a chance to go to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand - in that order.

Ciao,

-S

p.s. for those of you who have asked, my INR (coumadin) levels are fine. I was checked just before going to China at was at 2.5. I also checked on Friday (when I got back) and I'm at 2.5 :) thanks for being concerned!

-s

1 comment:

temaire said...

Cool pics and video. Fast train! It doesn't look like I pictured it. Guess I should try to go and see in person! Sorry about the bugs! YUCK!!!!!!! Did you do what my dad did? He kept some and pressed them in his journal like they were dried pansies!!! lol