07 September 2008

Shanghai Noon

So...I had to scurry home for this post...you notice that I'm following a movie trend for my post titles?

At any rate, had a busy morning looking for a place to eat...found one. They serve Chinese food! :) We we're looking for Dim-sum but couldn't find any. When we got back to the hotel - because I had to change t-shirts as I was sweating like a dang pig; we asked where there is dim-sum. The hotel guy said, "Ummm...everywhere!?!?" When we exclaimed that we couldn't find any he said, "oh ya, in Shanghai to get to restaurants you have to look up. All the restaurants are on upper levels of buildings and so is their signage." OK, that's not exactly what he said, but I had to translate from broken English to something that made sense. :)

Anyway, I've changed my shirt (and washed my pits) and am ready to go out after a quick nap. I have to elevate my legs as my cankles are the size of tree trunks right now. :( Times like these are the only times that I hate having this clotting issue and being on Coumadin. :( The price that one pays to stay alive hehehe

OK, will post pics this evening

Ciao,

-S

5 comments:

temaire said...

Holy smoke! You are a true blogger. 3 in one day! I love it! Steel Magnolias in chinese?! I wonder if I could still say the script word for word even though they are not speaking it in chinese? Bet I could! You asked where the Chinese food restaurants are? HELLO!!! I was going to warn you not to do that, but I thought it was a no brainer! lol j/k...sort of! Have fun and good luck with your cankles. :)

Leelee said...

Cliff LOVES dim sum!! Sounds fun.

temaire said...

Oh my heck?! You got banned from the internet in China! How funny is that?! lol Of course, I am not suprised that they bann Fox News there, I think that there are some people here that would like to do the same thing! haha Glad you got back okay!

Katie said...

How dare you visit Foxnews in a Communist country! What if a Chinese person saw you?? *gasp* I only ever checked email in China, and it was only once because the internet cafe was TERRIFYING!!!! It was one level up from what we deduced to be a brothel.

Leelee said...

How is your coumodin levels? That is scary!!! Take care of yourself!!