06 September 2008

Shanghai Express

Well, I'm here safely and soundly - well, safely anyway. :)

To Temaire - I'm glad that I'm on here again too. Too bad you didn't see my previous posts, they were...well, just marvelous. Thought of you on the plane here today as they played steel magnolias in Chinese...kinda not the same. :-/ I too hope that I am able to see everybody BEFORE 2 years...haha...will for sure be after the 1st of 2009.

To Katie - if you had my friends, you'd moderate too. :) I actually had the experience with the business card thing today and you're right, it is strange. Of course, I thought you you whilst I was eating my Chinese food. The reason that I thought of you was because of the fish with the head, fins and tail included and how much you weren't impressed. LOVED IT! Did you know that they look at you weird if you ask for, "Chinese food?" The funny hotel concierge - luckily spent considerable time in USA - said, "just ask for local food. People will look at you funny if you ask for Chinese food - Mainly because all food here is Chinese." HAHAHA - funny guy him

I am loving the weather here as it is about 80 degrees with 75% humidity. It's a dream compared to what I'm used to. :) Of course, I'm still sweating like prostitute on confession day, but it is cooler temps here. I am GRATEFUL that I'm not here in December when the white flaky ick will fall from the heavens.

Tomorrow, we're going to do some more touristy type things here in Shanghai and pretty much wear ourselves out so that we're don't go crazy during the conference - we'll welcome the rest; to be sure.

I've taken a TON of pictures here but I'm too lazy - no no no I mean tired - to post them here now. I'm sure tomorrow I'll make time to post a ton of pictures. The items on the agenda for tomorrow will include temples/churches/pagodas/ancient Chinese secrets - no no no I mean culture. :))

One last note, I got an email from Terry yesterday saying that Jessica's Chase was pretty seriously hurt in an industrial sized accident in their not so industrial sized kitchen. So sad to hear that he's hurting and has to go through all of that being so young. Every time I think about it though, I'm grateful that he and nobody else was more seriously injured. Hopefully they make decent toddler strength pain relief (my mouth hurts thinking of the poor little guy).

Ciao

-S

p.s. please utter a tinsey little prayer for my back as this bed is soooo hard. I think that it is made of cement with a bit of fabric on top to fool me. :(
-s

1 comment:

Katie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! The beds are the WORST!!!! They are all really short too, which for me, wasn't an issue. Ha ha ha. I totally forgot about how much those beds sucked! ha ha ha. Glad you are having fun. I thought the Pagodas were really cool. We went to the "Wild Goose Pagoda". I got some really cool pics at the very top of the Pagoda.